Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhishek1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis

Hi All,

I have written an expression as Follows:

Sum({$<[Allocation Status]={'Non Self Serve'}, [Hierarchy Level 1] = {'Business'},[Document Number] = P({$<[Hierarchy Level 4],[Hierarchy Level 3],[Hierarchy Level 2]>}[Document Number])>}
Interval(([Approval Date]) - ([First Notification (UTC)]),'D'))

This expression is suppose to give me the sum of the interval Where Hierarchy Level 1 ='Business' and also in case a different hierarchy is selected, then IT will show the sum of interval for all the Document numbers that are common between Hierarchy level 1 = 'Business' and that selection.

This works fine, untill I make a selection. Suppose I select a hierarchy level 2, then the values OF Text boxes showing Hierarchy level 1 data becomes '0'. while the data for Hieararchy level 2, Hierarchy level 3 and 4 are showing correct.

Similarly when  I select a hierarchy level 3, then the values OF Text boxes showing Hierarchy level 1 and Hierarchy level 2 data becomes '0'. while the data for Hieararchy level 3, Hierarchy level 4  are showing correct. and so on.

Can anyone help me with this?

Labels (1)
3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Abhisehk,

Are these hierarchies part of same hierarchy? I suspect that your p() might not be required or  not used appropriately. Could you share a sample and explain expected behavior/output there?

Abhishek1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Tresesco,

These hierarchies are different fields of the same table. There are four hierarchies, Hierarchy Level 1,2,3,4. There are hierarchies in which are not depended on one another, but enen then these have Document numbers that fall uner each of them most of the times. I am trying to create a \sample data. will update once it is done. It is a bit difficult.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure if this is really of any help or not, but wanted to drop it in here just in case:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Unbalanced-n-level-hierarchies/ba-p/1474325

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.