Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis - advanced searches

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve the following: I want to get all the clients who have bought something in Q1/2010 and nothing in Q1/2009. I tried with following set analysis but it's not working correctly.

=COUNT({1<_ClientID = {"=SUM({<QuarterYear = {'Q1/$(vCurrentYear)'}>} _Sales) > 0"}, _ClientID = {"=SUM({<QuarterYear= {'Q1/$(vPreviousYear)'}>} _Sales) = 0"} >} DISTINCT _ClientID)

Can you help me? Thanks in advance!

PS : Is there anywhere more detailed information about Advanced searches in set analysis?

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Skoezzi,

try this:

=COUNT( {1 < "SUM( {<QuarterYear = {'Q1/$(vCurrentYear)'>} _Sales) > 0", "SUM( {<QuarterYear= {'Q1/$(vPreviousYear)'}>} _Sales) = 0" >} DISTINCT _ClientID)

Even it may be not the very correct solution it should point you into the right direction.

Regards Roland

Not applicable
Author

I really can't get it to work. It seems that qlikview takes only the first condition and not the second. I need to combine a lot conditions like this. I'm already searching days for this...

Not applicable
Author

Are you able to send an exam application? With a few data and/or scrampled data. It doesn't matter If you are using a personal edition.

Not applicable
Author

Did you ever figure this out ? I'm trying to do the exact same. Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Something like this:

count(distinct
aggr(if (sum({1 <dmYear={$(=vCurrYear - 1)}, dmQuarter={$(='Q' & num(vCurrQuarter))}>}Sales) > 0
and sum({1 <dmYear={$(=vCurrYear)}, dmQuarter={$(='Q' & num(vCurrQuarter))}>}Sales) = 0, ClientId)
, ClientId
)
)

See example in attachment.

Not applicable
Author

http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/resources?language=english&page=6

There is a video tutorial on Set Analysis that contains the p and e options with set analysis. It is very helpful and should show you how to answer your question using the p and e options of set analysis