Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set analysis in Dimension or Supress null expression

I have an issue.

I have below is a list of the dimensions(name) and expressions (balance, previous year balance, and difference in balances)

Name    |        Balance      |   Balance of Last Year     |      Difference of (Balance - Balance of Last Year)

nm        |     sum(balance)  |       sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance)    | sum(balance) - sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance)

I tried creating a variable in the script but it needs to be created off current selections.

I then changed the expression to say

if((sum(balance) - sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance)) > 200000, sum(balance) - sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance))

The columns that are less than 200000 are displayed as -(I dont want them there). 

I only want to display the differences in the last column that are greater than 200,000.

Is there an easy way to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You mentioned a change that you made to Exp3, what was the change? You need to make the same change for exp1 and exp2. The basic idea is this

If(Exp3 > 200,000, Exp1)

If(Exp3 > 200,000, Exp2)

If(Exp3 > 200,000, Exp3)

View solution in original post

25 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Dimension

nm

Expressions:

Sum({<nm = {"=Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>} balance) > 200000"}>} balance)

Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}, nm = {"=Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>} balance) > 200000"}>}balance)

Sum({<nm = {"=Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>} balance) > 200000"}>} balance) - Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}, nm = {"=Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>} balance) > 200000"}>}balance)

qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I do not need balances greater than 200,000.

If John has 1.000.000(col 2) today, and 400,000(col 3) for the previous year end, The last column should be 600,000

If John Jr has 300,000 today and 300,001 for the previous year end, the last column should be 1(which this row should not be displayed)

sunny_talwar

You mean you don't need balance less than 200,000, right?

The above expression should work the way you described, have you tried them?

qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I do not want differences in balances(col 3) less than 200,000

sunny_talwar

That's exactly what I have given you my friend.

sunny_talwar

qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sum({<nm = {"=Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>} balance) > 200000"}>} balance)

I get an error after the ) in =vPrevYear)

sunny_talwar

Yes, you are right, my bad. Try these

Sum({<nm = {"=Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={'$(=vPrevYear)'}>} balance) > 200000"}>} balance)

Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}, nm = {"=Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={'$(=vPrevYear)'}>} balance) > 200000"}>}balance)

Sum({<nm = {"=Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={'$(=vPrevYear)'}>} balance) > 200000"}>} balance) - Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}, nm = {"=Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={'$(=vPrevYear)'}>} balance) > 200000"}>}balance)

Or go traditional if statement:

If(Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance) > 200000, Sum(balance))

If(Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance) > 200000, Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance))

If(Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance) > 200000, Sum(balance) - Sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance))

qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That works now but does not solve the problem, there are still names that have a difference in balance less than 200,000 being displayed.