Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set analysis in Dimension or Supress null expression

I have an issue.

I have below is a list of the dimensions(name) and expressions (balance, previous year balance, and difference in balances)

Name    |        Balance      |   Balance of Last Year     |      Difference of (Balance - Balance of Last Year)

nm        |     sum(balance)  |       sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance)    | sum(balance) - sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance)

I tried creating a variable in the script but it needs to be created off current selections.

I then changed the expression to say

if((sum(balance) - sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance)) > 200000, sum(balance) - sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance))

The columns that are less than 200000 are displayed as -(I dont want them there). 

I only want to display the differences in the last column that are greater than 200,000.

Is there an easy way to do this?

25 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you share a screenshot to show your chart?

qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I cannot.

All it is a chart like this

Name | Previous Year end Balance (12/31/16)  | Balance of Today | Variance (todays balance - Prev year end Balance)

I only want names to be displayed if their Variance is greater than 200,000 ( or less than 200,000)

Dimension's are Name (nm)

Expressions are(Prev Year End Bal  ( sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance) )

Balance today (sum(balance))

Variance (sum(balance) -  sum({$<dt={"$(=vPrevYear)"}>}balance)

The variance displays the right data. I need to find out how to hide those variances greater than 200,000 or less than 200,000

sunny_talwar

So you are saying that you are still seeing some rows where your last expression is less than 200,000? Do you see a row like this in your chart?

Name          Exp1          Exp2          Exp3

XYZ            20,000       10,000        10,000

qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes There are multiple values where exp3 is <200000

sunny_talwar

I don't know why that is the case, I can create a sample, but then it would be my data and I know it would work. Unless I see (in some way) what you are talking about, I might not be able to help you my friend. But I hope that someone might be able to sort it out, cause I understand how frustrating it can be when small things like this screw up your dashboard.

Best,

Sunny

qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the help. I will use the examples you posted as a guide for the future.

qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I just changed one of them and now balances > 200000 are displaying in exp3.

The ones less have the symbol "-"  How can i hide the rows with "-"

sunny_talwar

Go to the Presentation tab and check 'Suppress Zero Values' to hide rows with '-'

sunny_talwar

For future reference

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Uploading a Sample

If you have got what you wanted, please close this thread by marking correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny

qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That is checked for the exp3 but it still shows.