Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis inside another set analysis

Hi, is it possible to have an expression with set analysis, and inside this one another set analysis? I'm triyng to use this expression but it doesn't work:

=SUM({<[DateProy] = {'>=$(=max({<A_Date = {<=$(=Date(vEndDate))}>}A_Date))<=$(=Date(vEndDate))'}>}[P_Hours])

Thanks

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

It is possible, may be try this:

=SUM({<[DateProy] = {">=$(=Date(Max({<A_Date = {'<=$(=Date(vEndDate))'}>} A_Date)))<=$(=Date(vEndDate))"}>}[P_Hours])

sasikanth
Master
Master

Hi,

check A-Date and vEndDate formats ,

if possible please share your application

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, this works, but only if I filter a value in the table's dimension. It seems that the dimension doesn't affect the inner set analysis...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Missing Quote..try like this?

=SUM({<[DateProy]=,[DateProy] = {'>=$(=max({<A_Date = {'<=$(=Date(vEndDate))'}>} A_Date))

<=$(=Date(vEndDate))'}>}[P_Hours])

Just modifying as Max() return integer

=SUM({<[DateProy]=,[DateProy] = {'>=$(=date(max({<A_Date = {'<=$(=Date(vEndDate))'}>} A_Date)),'YourDateFormat')

<=$(=Date(vEndDate))'}>}[P_Hours])

Also as  Sunny kmentioned cross check for format as well

sunny_talwar

Single quotes within single quotes is not going to work either

and to get the format right (if it needs to be fixed) the expression will need to be much more complicated for the same reason that we cannot have single quotes within single quotes and to give the format we need single quotes around the format.

To save the trouble of specifying the format, I would use Date() function without format in the script for both DateProy and A_Date in the script.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

A few general observations, as there seems to be a lot of confusion here:

- Nested Set Analysis is possible, no problem there.

- Single quotes should not be used for Search. Currently it works but only by accident. The recommendation from R&D is to alternate double quotes " " with square brackets [ ].

- In order to avoid any date formatting issues, you can replace Simple Search with an Advanced Search. For example:

Replace this simple search condition:

sum( {<Date={">=$(=max(AnotherDate))"}>}

with this Advanced Search condition:

sum( {<Date={"=Date>=$(=max(AnotherDate))"}>}

and any formatting issues disappear.

For anyone interested in learning advanced Set Analysis - I teach all these techniques, and many others, at the Masters Summit for Qlik. Coming this year to Milan, Italy, South Africa, and Austin, TX. Come and upgrade your Qlik skills!

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

One more general thing to know about Set Analysis - its condition is calculated only once, before the chart is being calculated, therefore Set Analysis conditions cannot be sensitive to the specific values of the Chart Dimensions.