Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set analysis - passing search strings

I read in  one of the Qlikview materials that it is possible to provide 'Sear Strings' as parameters in a set analysis. For eg

sum ({$<Field1 = {"search string"}>}metric).

Can  one of you please provide a sample for such usage?

Many Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

some example from QlikView online help; I suggest to read the help for more examples

sum( {$<~Ingredient = {“*garlic*”}>} Sales )
returns the sales for current selection, but with a forced exclusion of all Ingredients containing the string ‘garlic’.

sum( {$<Year = {“2*”}>} Sales )
returns the sales for current selection, but with all years beginning with the digit “2”, i.e. most likely year 2000 and onwards, selected in the field “Year”.

sum( {$<Year = {“2*”,”198*”}>} Sales )
as above, but now also the 1980:s are included in the selection.

sum( {$<Year = {“>1978<2004”}>} Sales )
as above, but now with a numeric search so that an arbitrary range can be specified.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

sum ({$<Field1 = {'*search string*'}>}metric)

maxgro
MVP
MVP

some example from QlikView online help; I suggest to read the help for more examples

sum( {$<~Ingredient = {“*garlic*”}>} Sales )
returns the sales for current selection, but with a forced exclusion of all Ingredients containing the string ‘garlic’.

sum( {$<Year = {“2*”}>} Sales )
returns the sales for current selection, but with all years beginning with the digit “2”, i.e. most likely year 2000 and onwards, selected in the field “Year”.

sum( {$<Year = {“2*”,”198*”}>} Sales )
as above, but now also the 1980:s are included in the selection.

sum( {$<Year = {“>1978<2004”}>} Sales )
as above, but now with a numeric search so that an arbitrary range can be specified.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Got it Massimo....think i had used it before knowing  it...many thanks for the reply