Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis problem with value formats

I have an urgent  problem with set anlayis. I have to monitor price changes and need to know for how long the lowes/highest price was valid. I build some test case and it works fine for numbers without digits but not for numbers with digits nor for my real data.

Example:

2011-08-16 001.jpg

With the Basic price the following works fine (in words: search the min.date for the min.Price):

=min( {$<(Basic.Price = { $(=min(Basic.Price)) }> } Date )&' - '&max( { $<Basic.Price = { $(=min(Basic.Price)) }> } Date )

2011-08-16 002.jpg

However, with numbers with digits it does not work:

2011-08-16 003.jpg

The function min(Price) gives back the correct value of 2,12 but this as input for the selection in the SET seems to be a problem....

I attached the example QV-file.

Any ideas ?

Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

I think the returned comma of min(Price) is problematic and the set element expression should use '' like

=min( { $<Price = {'$(=min(Price))'}> } Date )

&' - '&

max( { $<Price = {'$(=min(Price))'}> } Date )

(Note that I guarded the dollar sign expression with ' '. That way it works for me.

Stefan

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

I think the returned comma of min(Price) is problematic and the set element expression should use '' like

=min( { $<Price = {'$(=min(Price))'}> } Date )

&' - '&

max( { $<Price = {'$(=min(Price))'}> } Date )

(Note that I guarded the dollar sign expression with ' '. That way it works for me.

Stefan

hkg_qlik
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Christian,

Please find the attached solution for the issue.

Please note:

=min( { $<Price = { '$(=min(Price))' }> } Date )

&' - '&

max( { $<Price = { '$(=min(Price))' }> } Date )

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Regards,

H

Not applicable
Author

Thank you both, this works for my example. No I realize the next issue:

When I add a second product (field MP has now >1 value) the set-analysis ignores this dimension in the chart-table. As a result I find the only the date when the minPrice is the absolute min, not the min for the product.

2011-08-176 001.jpg

How to take into account the dimension ?

(Attached an updated example)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

I believe what you want to achieve is quite hard using set analysis, if possible at all.

But using advanced aggregation, it's possible.

Please have a look at my attached sample.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

thank you very much !!

This completely solves the problem (even if the aggr-function took a bit longer to understand...)

Let's hope, that QV implements a set analysis also interpreting the chart dimension as per line selection to be added to the set-analysis selection in a future version...

Again, thank you

Christian