Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set trigger to select multiple values in a field from a variable

Hi Guys,

I have created an input box where a user can paste multiple values of a field. So a user will post mutiple values for a field in the input box and I am storing that in a varibale. I am not sure how can I set up a trigger that would take the values from the variable and select a field with those multiple values.

I know how to set up a trigger if there is only one value but for mutiple values its not working.

Can anyone please suggest anything?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

hi

PFA

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
diegofcaivano
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi. You need to use pipes to separate values and double quotes to define each value.

Set an action, and use this as field value:

("VALUE 1"|"VALUE 2")

Regards.

MayilVahanan

Hi

Are you expect like this attached file?

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply everyone.

So the variable that I have set up will contain multiple values for a field seperated by comma. Eg.

ABC, EFF, (123FED), .....

So all these values are stored in one variable. But when I am setting a trigger action, its not working on these multiple values. I am not sure how can I use Pipe in this.

Gysbert - you said seperated by Pipe and enclosed in parenthesis. Can you give an example? Are you trying to say that values seperated by comma is not going to work?

Thanks again. I really appreciate all your inputs.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mayil, yes I am expecting something like this. But my data in not in num format, its a char data type. Thanks!

MayilVahanan

hi

PFA

Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone for replying. It worked.

adriano_fornoni
Contributor III
Contributor III

Grazie, il suggerimento è stato sfruttato con successo.