Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dseelam
Creator II
Creator II

SetAnalysis

Hello All,

Some one explain me below logic in simple terms?

sum({$<CancelDateNum_OO={">=$(vCurrentMonthStartDateNum) <=$(vMaxShipDateNum)"}=>} Quantity_OO *UNIT_SELLING_PRICE_OO)

Thanks,

Dinesh

12 Replies
rohitraut
Creator
Creator

You will get sum of (Quntity*unitsellingprice)  cancel date those current month start date number is greater than is equal to and less than is equal to max ship date number

prma7799
Master III
Master III

It will give sum of value for " Quantity_OO *UNIT_SELLING_PRICE_OO" with range between

vCurrentMonthStartDateNum and vMaxShipDateNum

Kushal_Chawda

This s giving you Sum of Sales for Date CancelDateNum_OO range between vCurrentMonthStartDateNum &vMaxShipDateNum

For eg.

Sum of Sales where CancelDateNum_OO between '01/08/2017' and '31/08/2017'

Here,vCurrentMonthStartDateNum='01/08/2017'

vMaxShipDateNum='31/08/2017'

its_anandrjs

The above expression gives Sum and product of  ( Quantity * Unit )  Quantity_OO *UNIT_SELLING_PRICE_OO

and after that give SUM or  SUM( Quantity_OO *UNIT_SELLING_PRICE_OO )  BUt in the particular date whether it is selected by calendar object or dynamically.

Ex:-

vCurrentMonthStartDateNum = 01/09/2017

vMaxShipDateNum = 02/09/2017 or (depend on selection ex:- 30/09/2017)

Which is done by this SET expression CancelDateNum_OO={">=$(vCurrentMonthStartDateNum) <=$(vMaxShipDateNum)"}=>}

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will give you the Sum of [Quantity_OO *UNIT_SELLING_PRICE_OO] on Current selection data set

only for the records having CancelDateNum_OO value in the range >=$(vCurrentMonthStartDateNum) and <=$(vMaxShipDateNum).

For Example.

vCurrentMonthStartDateNum='08/01/2017'

vMaxShipDateNum='08/15/2017'

It will give the sum of selling_price for records which are having CancelDateNum in between '08/01/2017' & '08/15/2017'.

Spliting the Set expression for easy understanding 

Aggregation is sum(Quantity_OO *UNIT_SELLING_PRICE_OO)

Set identifier is $ (Current selection)

set Modifier Field is CancelDateNum_OO

Element list in Set Modifier Field is a Search String with a Range (It consider record having CancelDateNum_OO Value  greater than eqaul to $(vCurrentMonthStartDateNum) but less than equal to $(vMaxShipDateNum))

dseelam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Kushal,

Thanks for your reply

my issue hear is on starting of every month my numbers look bad, for example what if my

vCurrentMonthStartDateNum='01/09/2017'

what result it give?

Thanks,

D

dseelam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Karthik,

One question as I posted earlier

my issue hear is on starting of every month my numbers look bad, for example what if my

vCurrentMonthStartDateNum='01/09/2017'

what result it give?

and how come  I get around this issue ?

Thanks,

D

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you explain your exact requirement?

Try the below set expression using variables and let me know whether it fits to your requirement

sum({$<CancelDateNum_OO={" >=$(vDate1) <=$(vDate2) "}=>} Quantity_OO *UNIT_SELLING_PRICE_OO)

Variable declarations:

vDate1

if(num($(vCurrentMonthStartDateNum))<num(vMaxShipDateNum),$(vCurrentMonthStartDateNum),$(vMaxShipDateNum))

vDate2

if(num($(vCurrentMonthStartDateNum))<num($(vMaxShipDateNum)),$(vMaxShipDateNum),$(vCurrentMonthStartDateNum))

Kushal_Chawda

what is expression in both variables?