Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show/Hide List Boxes

I have a list box (object ID LB08) that I only want to show if a certain value is selected in another list box (object ID LB05) - does anyone know how this can be done, preferably without having to create a button (I want it to show/hide as soon as the value in LB05 is either selected/deselected)

Thanks in advance

4 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Go to the list box properties -> layout tab -> on the right you will see the box 'Show'.

Change it to conditional and write and expression there.

In this case, you should associate the condition with the Field on the LB05 instead of the object itself.

For example, if you LB05 has the field TYPE and you want to show the list only if the value NEW is selected.

The expression on the condition will be:

=TYPE='NEW'

Regards,

Erich Shiino

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Erich,

There are many values in list box LB05 and the user can select more than one (and more than often will select more than one). When I select more than one value and one of the values I select is, in your example, 'NEW' it still does not show the box as this is not the only value that is selected.

Is it possible to show the list box if one of the values selected is 'NEW' and this is not the only value selected?

Many thanks,

Chris

prieper
Master II
Master II

Should work with combination of WILDMATCH and GETFIELDSELECTIONS.

HTH
Peter

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Sure,

The my first post was just showing how to create the condition.

Then, it would depend on your need.

You can use, for example, set analysis or other expressions there:

COUNT( {<TYPE*={NEW}>} TYPE)

This will return one(or more) , if new is selected.

COUNT( {<TYPE*={NEW,OLD}>} TYPE), this one for NEW OR OLD

I created some examples, one including Peter's suggestion also.

Hope it helps,

Erich