cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Show all result with Selected Field

We are currently working on a project which deals with vehicle devices associated with a company.  Following are the tables and the fields:

Company Table:

ACCOUNT_ID

COMPANY_NAME

COMPANY_PHONE_NUMBER

Device Table

ACCOUNT_ID

DEVICE_ID

A Company can have multiple Devices.

Both of the tables are linked by ACCOUNT_ID.

What we want to do is to show all the Devices associated with the selected customer (by device).

The end user can select the company name or the company phone number or the device.

Regardless of the selection criteria they should be able to see all the devices linked to the customer.  For instance the enduser selects device xyz. Device XYZ is associated with Customer ABC – then in the table the list of the all the devices by Customer ABC should be displayed.  I tried using set analysis but when I select Device XYZ only XYZ is displayed but it does not show all the devices associated with Customer ABC.

I tried using the following scenario:

1. Chart with Dimension as ACCOUNT_ID

2. Expression =Only({1<[ACCOUNT_ID]={'$(=only([ACCOUNT_ID]))'}>}[DeviceID])

But it did not really work.  I think I am missing something very easy.

Will appreciate if someone can assist us.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

4 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Can you send a example file?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

PFA

sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hello,

Thank you very much for the solution.  It is working like a charm.   I just hid the expression and now the table is showing my requirement.

This is perfect

So if i select D1 i get all the devices associated with ACCOUNT_ID 1 - d1/d2/d3

if i select f2 i get the results showing all the associated devices with ACCOUNT_ID 2

Similarly if i select ACCOUNT_ID 1 i get all the related Devices (which is normal behavior)

There is associated phone number also which gives the correct result on the selection.

Can you please explain the following so that I have an understanding.

1. You have two dimensions - Account_ID and Device_ID

2. expression - count({$<DEVICE_ID=P({1 <ACCOUNT_ID=P(ACCOUNT_ID)>} )>} DEVICE_ID)

sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Enrique,

Massimo has sent the correct solution.  You can view the data which is used in the attached sheet.

Thank.