Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmichael
Creator
Creator

Show different expression in Legend in a pie chart

Hi experts,

I have a data set with four fields - Group, Person, ProductId, Amount. Basically there are two groups, A and B, in each group there are many persons. And each person can control several productId with a certain amount. Now I need to show a pie chart for each group. The pie should show the number of productId controlled by each person, also, in the legend I want to show the total amount for each person.

What I'm doing is, for each group, I create two pie charts, and  put one on top of another. In the bottom chart, I show the pie with number of productId and do not show legend in this chart. In the top chart, I show the legend only with amount in the legend. This solution works well for Group A (see below screenshot).

Capture.PNG

However, for Group B, since all amount values are zero, the top pie chart does not show anything.

Capture.PNG

So my question is, is there a solution to show the legend still when the amount values are all zero in the top chart?

Or is there an alternative to create a chart like this? The idea is just create show the pie in one expression and show the legend in another expression. 

I have attached my qvw for your reference.

Thanks,

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raji6763
Creator II
Creator II

hi  @msmichael , 

You can use the RangeMax function to "fake" a Zero value and trick the pie chart (with rounding count to the nearest Integer)...

RangeMax(0.00000001, your measure) 

can you try the below expression?

expression:

RangeMax(0.00000001, num(sum({<group={'B'}>}amount),'##0'))

regards,

raji

View solution in original post

4 Replies
raji6763
Creator II
Creator II

hi,

could you please share your data and expression you used? (i am not able to open QVW file)

regards,

raji

msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @raji6763 

sure. This is the data:

'data':
LOAD * Inline [
'group', 'person', 'productId','amount'
'A', 'Mike', 'BBB001', 100
'A', 'Jake', 'BBB002', 100
'A', 'Jake', 'BBB005', 100
'A', 'Jake', 'BBB003', 100
'A', 'Jane', 'BBB003', 1000
'A', 'Sand', 'BBB005', 10
'B', 'Mike', 'BBB001', 0
'B', 'Mike', 'BBB002', 0
'B', 'Jake', 'BBB002', 0
'B', 'Jane', 'BBB003', 0
'B', 'Sand', 'BBB005', 0
]
;

below are the expressions:

For group A,

in the bottom chart, expression  =count({<group={"A"}>} distinct productId), do not show legend.

in the top chart, expression =sum({<group={"A"}>} amount), show legend

For group B, expressions are similar, just replace "A" with "B".

Thanks,

Michael

raji6763
Creator II
Creator II

hi  @msmichael , 

You can use the RangeMax function to "fake" a Zero value and trick the pie chart (with rounding count to the nearest Integer)...

RangeMax(0.00000001, your measure) 

can you try the below expression?

expression:

RangeMax(0.00000001, num(sum({<group={'B'}>}amount),'##0'))

regards,

raji

msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you @raji6763, I used a straight table instead for the top chart as legend. But I think your solution should work well.