Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show only one value based on rank

Hi,

I have a table chart with a product code as its first dimension and a formula calulating a sum for each line.

The data is sorted by the sums in ascending order.

I now need to have this table only show, let's say, position 3 in this table. What is the best way to achieve this? I guess it needs sum "rank" and "if" but I just don't seem to get it right.

Best regards,

Georg

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

How about creating a calculated dimension that only returns a dummy value if the row is one you want else returns null? You can then set 'suppress when value is null' for the calculated dimension and by hiding the column (see Presentation) it doesnt get displayed.

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Hm, well, could you please give me a clue how to do that. I guess I'd be something like:

=if(rank(aggr(sum(amount), Productnumber) = 3, Productnumber) (I now this does not work)

But that doesn't work at all... please advise.

What I want to do: Make a table with sums collected from recordsets with product numbers and amounts (no problem), sort it by sum(amount) (no problem) and show only the third line in the resulting table.

Georg

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm also looking for a solution.

What I tried was something like Gordon suggested:

if(rank(Sum(mymeasure))=1,'This is rank 1',NULL())

But it seems that it does not really work. The Null values are shown, also if zero suppresion is on.

If you try it only with e.g. sum(xy)>10000 then it works.

Regards,

Björn

Not applicable
Author

hello,

try this:

=if(Aggr(if(Rank( Sum(Value))=1,  productnumber),productnumber))

best regards

PCordeiro