Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing comparison of any selected period with the same period of the previous years.

Hi Everyone, Is it possible to select any specific period and showing comparison of that particular period with the same period in the previous years?

I have a loaded sales data say from Jan 2008 to the current date. I have provided a slider which shows units starting from 2008 Jan, 2008 Feb, ......so on up to 2011 Jul. He can be able to select any period as per his own wish may be 3 months, 5 months or 6 months, anything. For example:

slider.bmp

Now, If he select a period of 4 months like 2010 Nov to Feb 2011, then I want to show a chart [may be bar graph] showing sales from the same period but for previous years i.e. 2009 Nov to Feb 2010, 2008 Nov to Feb 2009.

I know its quiet a difficult task and I think, I'll need to use set analysis. But any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei

attach is an example for what you asked for

hope it helps you

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei

attach is an example for what you asked for

hope it helps you

Not applicable
Author

Thank a lot liron, Its highly appreciated. Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Liron,

What if there weres no sales value (no data for that yearmonth) on the end month but there's sales value for that month on the previous period? It turns out that previous period's end month value is not taken into account for sales calculation 😞

How could we fix this?

Regards,

Raúl