Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Slider and values using between

Hi All,

I have a sheet where i have on slider control with is associated with a variable called "NoOfMins" and under that I have a chart with the fields called "MOBILE#", "TOT_MIN"

what i want to do is if the user selects a slide from a range like 1-10000 (minutes) it should display those mobile numbers which has total minutes in that range 0 to selected slider value.

how to achieve this?

Thanks

4 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

The values of the slider can be assigned to two variables and the report then may contain an expression like

IF(MyValue > SliderFrom AND MyValue < SliderTo, MyValue)

Or aggregated as SUM etc.

HTH
Peter

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Alternatively, just have a multi-value slider for TOT_MIN. You are then directly selecting the range for the total minutes and don't need an IF statement.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your suggestions..its working fine but i forgot to ask in my post that i have multiple sliders actually ...like

Slider #1 (Total MINUTES)
Slider #2 (Total POINTS)
Slider #3 (Total Redeem)

Now in my Grid i have Mobile#, Total Minutes, Total Points, Total Redeem as fields...now I want to use slider control which acts on like...mobile numbers whose total minutes are this...whos points are this..and Redeem is this...and If i don't want to use all three I can use 1 or two...plz help

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

So, are total minutes, total points, and total redeem EXPRESSIONS in your chart? They aren't actually fields in QlikView? Attached is an example of using a slider to select rows in a chart based on the expression results.