Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting text fields in a pivot table

Hello,

I have a table with Volume Segmentation (A,B,C,D) plotted against RRS Segmentation (Runner, Repeater, Stranger).

When it comes to sorting my table, I can't seem to get Runner, Repeater, Stranger in the right order. The load order for this field would achieve this, but this option is greyed out.

I added a table counting the rows for unique Runner / Repeater / Stranger values, then tried to sort by RRSRow descending, also not working:

Any thoughts? Is there a way to sort on a text field that is not A>Z, or name the values in the text field explicitly?

Thanks

Mel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Mel, if this field is a ciclic group you can change the sort order in the 'Dimensions' tab--> 'Edit groups...', select the group and press 'Edit...', then in the right botton you can see the 'Sort commands...' button wich let you change the sort of each field in the group.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Mel, if this field is a ciclic group you can change the sort order in the 'Dimensions' tab--> 'Edit groups...', select the group and press 'Edit...', then in the right botton you can see the 'Sort commands...' button wich let you change the sort of each field in the group.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you attach sample qvw.

for RRS Segmentation just try to sort by Text .. It should work

Not applicable
Author

Of course, the group sort orders, thank you!!