Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stacked Bar Chart Issue

Attached is the sketch of the required bar chart. Along with the sample Excel file.

Looking for help in building this chart

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

HOw I can attached the sample file and the qvw here ?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Click reply.

Click Use advanced editor (top right corner).

Click attach (near bottom).

May you live in interesting times!
sunny_talwar

You can also see the instructions here: Uploading a Sample

Not applicable
Author

I thought I resolved it, but the sample I gave you has both Sale Year and Year in the same table, but in my original data set they are in different tables. So I created a variable. So in the sample data the dimensions were Year, Sale Year

which was

If(Year([Sale Date]) >= Year, '<1 Year',

If(Year([Sale Date]) >= ((Year)-2) and  Year([Sale Date]) < Year,'Prior 2 Years',

If(Year([Sale Date]) <= ((Year)-3),'< 3 Years')))  as [Sales Year] in the script

In  my original data set now, I put all the above in a variable and used that variable as a dimension for [Sale Year]

vSaleYear

If(Year([Sale Date]) >= Year, '<1 Year',

If(Year([Sale Date]) >= ((Year)-2) and  Year([Sale Date]) < Year,'Prior 2 Years',

If(Year([Sale Date]) <= ((Year)-3),'< 3 Years'))) and used that in my Bar Chart but I get 100% now for each Year  because the values Sum(Amount) and Sum(Total <Year> Amount) are the same.

The same logic works perfectly fine, if I put that logic in the script like we did earlier.  See the attached sample and qvw file. WIth two charts, one with variable and other without the variable

Am I missing something here?