Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight table not showing data as per list box selection

I have store level data. Each store belongs to a prticular zone and a particular market and a particular flag type(Red, Green and Yellow - Depending on its performance)  All the stores are segmented into 20 segments(called as Peer Groups).

I am representing the data in a straight table where the sales of store are compared with average sales at Peer group level. Below is the formula I am using for computing average sales at Peer group level:

=avg(TOTAL<PeerGroup>{$<Zone=,Market=,Flag=>} Sales)

In my straight table i have following fields:

Store, Peer Group, Sales, Average sales

I have Zone, Market and Flags in list boxes.

When i disable average sales value in the straight table, it works perfectly fine. But when i enable Average sales and then make any selection in the list box, the table shows sales value for those(as per selection) stores but average sales are shown for all the stores. Hence my straight table always shows all the rows and not the desired rows only.

What should i do if i want my table to show the sales and average sales only for the selection made in list boxes?

Please help.

I have tried changing $ to 1 in above formulae but that also doesn't solves the problem.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Why not just use:

=avg(TOTAL<PeerGroup>Sales)

If you set:

{$<Zone=,Market=,Flag=>}

It will ignore any selections in the Zone, Market & Flag fields

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes,

I cannot use

=avg(TOTAL<PeerGroup>Sales)

because then the average sales at peer group levle will change w.r.t Zone and Market. But as per business requirement average sale at peer group is independent of zone and market.