Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sum expression with a couple of IF's

Hey everyone,

i started using more elaborated expressions yesterday and im finding myself in trouble with syntax and stuff.

My expression is this at the moment:

if

(count(DISTRIBUTION_LINE_NUMBER) >=2, if(count(distinct(INVOICE_PAYMENT_ID) >= 2 ), sum(INVOICE_AMOUNT)*count(distinct INVOICE_PAYMENT_ID)/ count(INVOICE_NUM) ,sum(distinct INVOICE_AMOUNT)), INVOICE_AMOUNT)

Is working fine in most of the cases but i dont understand how to manage specific cases where invoice_payment_ID is more than 2 AND distribution_line_number is more than 2.

Any tip or possible solution will be appreciated.

Regards,

Juan Pedro

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Well I don't really know what your goal is or what you want to do. All I know from reading your post is that you're having trouble/confused with the syntax of your current if statement and that you can't handle multiple entries of your invoice_payment_ID and distribution_line_number.

Can you tell me what you want to do if you have multiple invoice_payment_ID and distribution_line_number?

I checked your Excel Sample with 2 (1 and 2) distribution_line_number of (135759) INVOICE_NUM.

what do you want to happen in your INV AMOUNT Field?

Please see attached image

Regards,

Alex

Not applicable
Author

hey bobby,

copy pasting your code the you gave me i cant execute it since there are some errors in it as you can see in the copy paste i did on qlikview:

=

Sum(
if(count

(
DISTRIBUTION_LINE_NUMBER) >=2,
(
if(count(distinct INVOICE_PAYMENT_ID) >= 2,
INVOICE_AMOUNT*count(distinct INVOICE_PAYMENT_ID)/count(INVOICE_NUM),
(
INVOICE_AMOUNT/COUNT(DISTINCT INVOICE_PAYMENT_ID)*count(distinct INVOICE_ID),
INVOICE_AMOUNT

))))),
INVOICE_AMOUNT)

I tried to fix the errors obtaining this result that is not working aswell . Im getting really frustated on here i consulted the reference and all the material i was able to find on the internet but i cant figure out how to write a correct sum - if

Other version:

=

Sum(
if(count(DISTRIBUTION_LINE_NUMBER) >=2,
INVOICE_AMOUNT*count(distinct INVOICE_PAYMENT_ID)/count(INVOICE_NUM),
INVOICE_AMOUNT/COUNT(DISTINCT INVOICE_PAYMENT_ID)*count(distinct INVOICE_ID),
INVOICE_AMOUNT)),INVOICE_AMOUNT

))

Any further help will be apreciated.

Thanks for your time

Juan Pedro

Not applicable
Author

Hey alex didnt saw your post before.

The expected result is exactly what i get. What i dont want is the TOTAL to be falsed by this kind of Invoices. The right total for those 4 invoices in the example is 374.86 and not 398.664 as the expression shows at the moment.

My goal is to create a expression that can handle all the tipe of invoices i have to deal with and that dosent False the total cost of the invoices for the project.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

So your current report is right? the only thing you want to fix is the total?

if so, you might want to use dimensionality function.

I had the same requirement last year and that's what I used.

Unfortunately I'm already out of the office so I cant send you some sample.

try using dimensionality. if you cant produce what you need i'll help you tomorrow just bump your thread again so I can find it.

Regards,

Alex

Not applicable
Author

Thank everyone for the help i solved my problem using the aggr() and is working perfectly now.

The Dimensionality thing made me think about it so thank you for that

Have a nice day everyone.

Juan Pedro

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

yes.... what I did with my project was use dimensionality and aggr to fix my total ^^

its good you solved it

Regards,

Alex