Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sum of a variable in set analysis

Hello,

I'm trying to build a formula wich calculates the tax liability. The formula works fine only the part which is bold ($(vTax)) gives me trouble. I'm getting following error: nested aggregation not allowed.

Code:

//Tax liability

if(ChType2= 'B' and left([Dim3Name$(vLang)2], 6) = '450001',

if($(vTax) > 0,

Num(Sum({<ChType2={"B"}, BookingYear={"$(=Max(BookingYear))"}>} $(vTax), '$(vCurrency) #.##0,00;$(vCurrency) -#.##0,00'),

Num(Sum({<ChType2={"B"}, BookingYear={"$(=Max(BookingYear))"}>} TXAmount * Factor2), '$(vCurrency) #.##0,00;$(vCurrency) -#.##0,00')),

//Others

Num(Sum({<ChType2={"B"}, BookingYear={"$(=Max(BookingYear))"}>} TXAmount * Factor2), '$(vCurrency) #.##0,00;$(vCurrency) -#.##0,00'))

So i need a solution to get the sum from this variable in my calculation, does anyone have an idea how i can get the sum of a variable in set analysis???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

For this you would need to expand all variables and quite probably contained eTaxCalculation or another variable there such an aggregation. To get an result with an aggr-function you need to specify real dimensions to it - it won't worked with calculated dimensions - in your case I would try:

... aggr($(vTax), [Dim1Name$(vLang)2], [Dim2Name$(vLang)2], [Dim3Name$(vLang)2]) ...

I fear if this don't work you will need a different approach with bigger changes to your variables, expressions and maybe the datamodel ... maybe starting with some simplifying to your expressions-approach.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

May be as below: (Just added = )

//Tax liability

if(ChType2= 'B' and left([Dim3Name$(vLang)2], 6) = '450001',

if($(vTax) > 0,

Num(Sum({<ChType2={"B"}, BookingYear={"$(=Max(BookingYear))"}>} $(=vTax), '$(vCurrency) #.##0,00;$(vCurrency) -#.##0,00'),

Num(Sum({<ChType2={"B"}, BookingYear={"$(=Max(BookingYear))"}>} TXAmount * Factor2), '$(vCurrency) #.##0,00;$(vCurrency) -#.##0,00')),

//Others

Num(Sum({<ChType2={"B"}, BookingYear={"$(=Max(BookingYear))"}>} TXAmount * Factor2), '$(vCurrency) #.##0,00;$(vCurrency) -#.##0,00'))

marcus_sommer

Your variable contained an aggregation like sum or count and if you replaced the variable with it's content you will get an expression like: sum(sum(... if all the if-conditions and set analysis would be removed. This kind of aggregation isn't allowed respectively needs to extended or wrapped with an aggr-function: AGGR...

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer.

But my variable doesn't contain an aggregation (like for example sum).

vTax:

Num(

IF(($(eTaxCalculation))<($(vTaxlimit1)),0,

IF(($(vReducedTarif))=0,

IF(($(eTaxCalculation))>($(vTaxlimit2)),

IF(($(eTaxCalculation))>($(vTaxlimit3)),

IF(($(eTaxCalculation))>($(vTaxlimit4)),((($(eTaxCalculation))-($(vTaxlimit4)))*($(vTaxlevel1)))+($(vTaxamount1)),((($(eTaxCalculation))-($(vTaxlimit3))))*($(vTaxlevel2))+($(vTaxamount2))),

((($(eTaxCalculation))-$(vTaxlimit2))*($(vTaxlevel3))+($(vTaxamount3)))),

($(eTaxCalculation))*($(vTaxlevel4))),($(eTaxCalculation))*($(vTaxlevel1))))

, '#.##0,00')

Second remark is when i wan't to use aggr() i need to use the dimensions in the formula, but i have tried it and i'm still getting an error.

My dimensions: 1. =If(ChType2 = 'B', Dual(Text([Dim1Name$(vLang)2]),Num(Order2)))

2. =If(ChType2 = 'B', [Dim2Name$(vLang)2])

3. =If(ChType2 = 'B', [Dim3Name$(vLang)2])

If i try it in a text object with following expression then i get the correct amount:

=Num(Sum({<ChType2={"B"}, BookingYear={"$(=Max(BookingYear))"}>} aggr($(vTax), BookingYear)), '$(vCurrency) #.##0,00;$(vCurrency) -#.##0,00')

marcus_sommer

For this you would need to expand all variables and quite probably contained eTaxCalculation or another variable there such an aggregation. To get an result with an aggr-function you need to specify real dimensions to it - it won't worked with calculated dimensions - in your case I would try:

... aggr($(vTax), [Dim1Name$(vLang)2], [Dim2Name$(vLang)2], [Dim3Name$(vLang)2]) ...

I fear if this don't work you will need a different approach with bigger changes to your variables, expressions and maybe the datamodel ... maybe starting with some simplifying to your expressions-approach.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Ok, i will try this, thank you

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks again for your answer. It took me this long to test this issue again. Your answer helped me to look in the right direction.
I used the AGGR function and after simplyfiyng my dimensions I got it working.

Thanks for your help!