Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sum of the top 10 clients revenue (just 1 value)

Hi There,

I want to see if someone can help me, I want to create just a circle which has the value in of the top 10 clients revenue based on whatever date selections are made in my app. I can get the top 10 in a table but i just want the sum of those 10 in a circle as mentioned.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dustin

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sum({<CLIENTFIELD={"=rank(sum(REVENUEFIELD),4)<=10"} >} REVENUEFIELD)

What do you mean by "in a circle"?

Colin-Albert

Robin has given you the expressions to use.

Put this expression in a text box, and make the object square by setting the height & width equal on the properties caption tab.

on the Layout tab, set the corner radius so the square becomes a circle. this avoids the need to adjust the position of two objects for the circle & number separately.

You will need to enable the styling mode to Advanced on the user Preferences, Design tab to enable rounded corners on objects.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks. when i say circle i just mean a shape, but Colin has mentioned below how to sort that. I have just testes the expression but it is bringing back 0, i have checked the data and it definitely has data in there. Is there anything that is a common issue I may have missed.

Thanks

Dustin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sunny_talwar

Did you replace CLIENTFIELD with your client field and REVENUEFIELD with your revenue field? Those were placeholders and needed to be replaced with the fieldnames from your dashboard

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I just hope he did, didn't he?

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I did change those, I have got it working (in a way), but it only sums the top 10 values, not the top 10 clients (as each client has multiple transactions that need to be suimmed), but that is something I should be able to tweak.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

Not sure why, but this expression is telling me that rank the sum of revenue for each client and pick the top 10 based on this rank

Sum({<CLIENTFIELD={"=Rank(Sum(REVENUEFIELD),4)<=10"}>} REVENUEFIELD)

I would be amazed and love to see an example if this is not what it is doing