Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Synchronising daily data with monthly data in QlikView

Hi

I have two tables in my QlikView model.

One table has daily sales data and the other has monthly spend data.

In my QlikView application, I have a table which shows the sum of sales for a department. When a user selects a date from the calendar, they will see the MTD sales for that department.

The spend figure for a department is also required to be used in the same table. So when a user selects a date (let's say 15/08/2014) the user should see the MTD sales for all departments for that selected date but also see the monthly spend of the departments for the month of August.

When I try to do the sum of the Spend value in the same table and select a date, I get the correct sales value but I get a 0 for the spend value. When a user selects a month from the calendar (August in this case) then the Sales value is correct and the Spend value is correct. The main required functionality of this app is to have the user select a date rather than a month as values are analysed based on daily information.

Is the above scenario possible?

1 Reply
miikkaqlick
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

This is possible.

There are many ways to do this, but maybe simplest one:

Pseudo-code:

Sales = Sum(Sales)

Costs = Sum( {<Date=, Month = { $(=Month(Date)) } > Cost)

Formula in costs takes away date selection, converts date to month and applies it to costs.

Br,

Miikka

Climber Finland