Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Syntax for set analysis with dates

Good afternoon,

In a chart, I use expression

count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(KeyDate)"}>}distinct(EmployeeNr))

where I let the user enter the KeyDate (say 2015.12) via an InputBox. So far, so good. Now how can I build expressions for the previous years i.e. 2014.12, 2013.12, etc? Somehow I don´t get the syntax right...

Thanks in advance

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

=Count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(=AddYears($(KeyDate), -1))"}>}DISTINCT (EmployeeNr))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if JJJJ.MM is your fieldname for year and month you may use

count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(=date(addmonths(KeyDate),-12),'JJJJ.MM')"}>}distinct(EmployeeNr))

if (KeyDate) is in a stringformat, you Need to tranform it to a dateformat before

count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(=date(addmonths(date#(KeyDate),'JJJJ.MM'),-12),'JJJJ.MM')"}>}distinct(EmployeeNr))

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, Qlik doesn´t recognize this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

use addyears instead of addmonths

addyears(KeyDate,-1)

Not applicable
Author

That looks plausible but unfortunately, it doesn´t work. I defined the key date in an input box (as opposed to a proper variable in the script) and selected unter tab "number" number format settings "date" with format pattern YYYY.MM - any suggestions?

rubenmarin

Hi Leonardo, one of the expressions of Rudolf applies the date data type to the variable value (just change JJJJ to YYYY):

count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(=date(addmonths(date#(KeyDate),'YYYY.MM'),-12),'YYYY.MM')"}>}distinct(EmployeeNr))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thks for the info

berryjulien2
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

If I where you, i would used to different variable (one for the month and the other for the year). And after you can use this kind of setanalyses:

count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(=date(addyears(date#(makedate($(V_Year),$(V_Month)),'JJJJ.MM'),-1),'JJJJ.MM')"}>}distinct(EmployeeNr))

or you can do like @Rudolf Said:

count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(=date(addyears(date#($(KeyDate)),'JJJJ.MM'),-1),'JJJJ.MM')"}>}distinct(EmployeeNr))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ruben & Rudolf,

This is so funny, it just doesn´t work!