Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Syntax for set analysis with dates

Good afternoon,

In a chart, I use expression

count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(KeyDate)"}>}distinct(EmployeeNr))

where I let the user enter the KeyDate (say 2015.12) via an InputBox. So far, so good. Now how can I build expressions for the previous years i.e. 2014.12, 2013.12, etc? Somehow I don´t get the syntax right...

Thanks in advance

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

=Count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(=AddYears($(KeyDate), -1))"}>}DISTINCT (EmployeeNr))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if JJJJ.MM is your fieldname for year and month you may use

count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(=date(addmonths(KeyDate),-12),'JJJJ.MM')"}>}distinct(EmployeeNr))

if (KeyDate) is in a stringformat, you Need to tranform it to a dateformat before

count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(=date(addmonths(date#(KeyDate),'JJJJ.MM'),-12),'JJJJ.MM')"}>}distinct(EmployeeNr))

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, Qlik doesn´t recognize this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

use addyears instead of addmonths

addyears(KeyDate,-1)

Not applicable
Author

That looks plausible but unfortunately, it doesn´t work. I defined the key date in an input box (as opposed to a proper variable in the script) and selected unter tab "number" number format settings "date" with format pattern YYYY.MM - any suggestions?

rubenmarin

Hi Leonardo, one of the expressions of Rudolf applies the date data type to the variable value (just change JJJJ to YYYY):

count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(=date(addmonths(date#(KeyDate),'YYYY.MM'),-12),'YYYY.MM')"}>}distinct(EmployeeNr))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thks for the info

berryjulien2
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

If I where you, i would used to different variable (one for the month and the other for the year). And after you can use this kind of setanalyses:

count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(=date(addyears(date#(makedate($(V_Year),$(V_Month)),'JJJJ.MM'),-1),'JJJJ.MM')"}>}distinct(EmployeeNr))

or you can do like @Rudolf Said:

count({<JJJJ.MM={"$(=date(addyears(date#($(KeyDate)),'JJJJ.MM'),-1),'JJJJ.MM')"}>}distinct(EmployeeNr))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ruben & Rudolf,

This is so funny, it just doesn´t work!