Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wale_martins
Contributor III
Contributor III

TIMESTAMP FIELD FAILED TO LOAD INTO QLIKVIEW

Hi there, 

I'm having problems loading a timestamp field from an ORACLE database to QlikView (returns null values). The same script in Qlik Sense works like a charm. I suppose that I need to set something... but all what i've tried it's useless. If somebody has faced the same issue and can help me...

Thanks in advance

SCRIPT

INTERACCIONES_TMP_2:

sql select

to_date(to_char(Web_Visits.VISIT_DATE,'DD/MM/YY'),'DD/MM/YY') INTERACCION_FECHA,
Web_Visits_2.INTERACCION_FECHA_HORA INTERACCION_FECHA_HORA,
'WEB' INTERACCION_TIPO

from XXFA."SALESMANAGO_CONTACT_VISITS" Web_Visits

left join (select
to_date(to_char(Web_Visits_2.VISIT_DATE,'DD/MM/YY'),'DD/MM/YY') INTERACCION_FECHA,
Web_Visits_2.SM_CONTACT_ID,
max(to_timestamp(substr(Web_Visits_2.VISIT_DATE_AUX, 1, 17),'DD/MM/YY hh24:mi:ss')) INTERACCION_FECHA_HORA

from XXFA."SALESMANAGO_CONTACT_VISITS" Web_Visits_2

group by to_char(Web_Visits_2.VISIT_DATE,'DD/MM/YY'), Web_Visits_2.SM_CONTACT_ID) Web_Visits_2 on Web_Visits.SM_CONTACT_ID||Web_Visits.VISIT_DATE = Web_Visits_2.SM_CONTACT_ID||Web_Visits_2.INTERACCION_FECHA

where Web_Visits.SM_CONTACT_ID = '15911e23-9cc3-4bd5-944a-bed75a6ef177'
and to_date(to_char(Web_Visits."VISIT_DATE",'DD/MM/YY'),'DD/MM/YY') >= to_date(add_months(sysdate,-24));

Labels (3)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

If it's really the entire script there should be any values for the timestamp. If it's just a part the information might be lost by any formatting which would fail if the content isn't properly interpreted as a timestamp respectively as a numeric value. If it's not a part you could implement a check within a preceding-load, like:

isnull(Timestamp) or len(Timestamp)

If it's proved that there is just NULL you may take a look on the used driver. Is it really the same and identically configured and called. Further take also a look if the right data-base is queried and not any dump. 

- Marcus