Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table box showing BIG X

When I am trying to add a new filed in the exsiting table box.It is showing a BIG X on the table box .How i can fix it.

thanks in advance.

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

As it is a table box so there is no dimension and calculation.

Greg_Williams
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did you copy the object from an existing object or did you build this from scratch? If not, try building the new object from scratch. Reminder - Table box for non-calculated fields and Straight Table has calculated fields.

Not applicable
Author

I think the table box which is showing X, must have already consumed much of RAM.

Can you right click anywhere on Sheet, to open the Sheet Properties and then navigate yourself to "Object" tab and see the "CalcTime" for that table box object. I believe it should be a large value.

Thanks,

Angad

Not applicable
Author

But even if I removed the existing field and try to add again that field .It again showing BIG 'X'.

Greg_Williams
Former Employee
Former Employee

How much RAM is the object consuming? In Document Preferences > Memory Statistics? How much RAM does your machine have installed? Have you closed out of all other applications? Do you have any other tables or many other objects on your sheet? Are you able to remove some objects (especially hidden) to free up memory?

Not applicable
Author

So mean, that one field is causing this to happen? what is this field storing in it? Is it date, numeric or string values?

If its numeric, can you use num() in the script itself.

Can you share us with sample app...so that we can reproduce this as well?

Thanks,

Angad

Not applicable
Author

it is not that field dependent.Even if i remove any field from table box and try to add it again.It causes problem.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, can you try removing all fields..and just keeping one field(any). and then check does it still cause the problem.

If not, then one by one add fields into the table box.

Not applicable
Author

ok,I have removed all the fields except one.Then try to add one more field but again it showing the same problem.I think it is a bug of Table box.

Not applicable
Author

Seems like....But since you said, when you created a new table box it worked fine.

So I still believe, the particular object (table box) might have got corrupted.

Can you give another try, and change the ObjectID for that table box and see if it works. (It is a guess though)

Thanks,

Angad