Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gulshan_rohilla
Contributor
Contributor

Table not found error in QlikView while fetching data from DB

Can anyone please help me actually i am getting file not found error in QV while fetching data from DB. Few days back the script was working fine but now it is creating issue. below is the error logs of QVW.

Let vTablename='dummy_table'
ODBC Connect to ***
dummy_table:
Select AGSSEQ , MGSCODE, PWDNAME from dummy_table
DISCONNECT
CALL StoreAndDrop ('G:\qvdmakers\stage1\Qvd\','dummy_table')
Store [dummy_table] INTO G:\qvdmakers\stage1\Qvd\dummy_table.qvd(qvd)
Error: Table 'dummy_table' not found
Execution Failed
Execution finished.

Also there is one more thing the time difference between select statement and disconnect statement is 6 mins. thats means it is trying to fetch the data or it already fetch the data but the same data did not come in qv memory. the situation is strange. please help here. Also this is the case with many tables. also the is increasing day by day with more QVW's.

5 Replies
Somasundaram
Creator III
Creator III

Let vTablename='dummy_table'
ODBC Connect to ***
dummy_table:
Select AGSSEQ , MGSCODE, PWDNAME from dummy_table 
DISCONNECT
//CALL StoreAndDrop ('G:\qvdmakers\stage1\Qvd\','dummy_table')
Store [dummy_table] INTO G:\qvdmakers\stage1\Qvd\dummy_table.qvd(qvd)
Error: Table 'dummy_table' not found
Execution Failed
Execution finished.

Run above code.  

-Somasundaram

If this resolves your Query please like and accept this as an answer.
gulshan_rohilla
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Som,

Thanks for the reply but i've pasted the error logs. Call store and drop is the subroutine which i've defined earlier.store statement after the call store and drop is the expansion of the subroutine store and drop,so the store statement is just a expansion as below statements are from the logs.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The log implies that no data was retrieved from the SQL call. This may mean that the table was not created and so does not exist when the the store statement was executed. To check for success, use a condition like

If Alt(NoOfRows('dummy_table'), 0) = 0 Then

Trace *** Error: dummy_table not created;
    Exit Script;

Else

... do stuff with dummy table

End  If

The second possibility is that dummy_table is being auto-concatenated onto another, previously loaded table. This will happen if the field names are identical with dummy_table.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
gulshan_rohilla
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually i already applied the same if else condition on the script, but no luck. the issue is actually it didn't counts the no of rows and fall in second condition. but the data is there in the db at that time. dont know why this happening.one more thing is there actually between select statement and disconnect statement the time difference is there. 

gulshan_rohilla
Contributor
Contributor
Author

please reply