Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shamitshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Text Object

I am trying to get the sum of sales for the latest month in a text box, but I am getting the sum of the year of year to date figure.

I have in the following in script:

Date(MonthStart(Date#([FY KPI], 'DD-MM-YYYY')), 'MM-YYYY')  as FYKPIMonthYear

I have set up a variable:

vMaxBYM

=max(FYKPIMonthYear)

In the text object, I have the following which is resulting in year to date figures instead of the latest month:

=NUM(Sum ({<FYKPIFiscalYear = {$(=Max(FYKPIFiscalYear))},FYKPIMonthYear={"=$(vMaxBYM)"}>} Sales,'#,##0','.',',')

Any idea of the correct expression in the text object to return the latest month's figure?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

=Num(Sum({<FYKPIMonthYear = {"$(=Date(AddYears(vMaxBYM, -1), 'MM-YYYY'))"}>} Sales),'#,##0.00')

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

=Num(Sum ({<FYKPIFiscalYear = {"$(=Max(FYKPIFiscalYear))"},FYKPIMonthYear={"=$(vMaxBYM)"}>} Sales),'#,##0')

Or

=Num(Sum ({<FYKPIFiscalYear = {"$(=Max(FYKPIFiscalYear))"},FYKPIMonthYear={"=$(=vMaxBYM)"}>} Sales),'#,##0')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
shamitshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

Both are returning year to date figures.

I tried the following which seems to work:

=NUM(Sum ({<FYKPIFiscalYear = {$(=Max(FYKPIFiscalYear))},FYKPIMonthYear={">=$(vMaxBYM)"}>} Sales),'#,##0.00')

Now, I am trying to get the comparative for the prior year (same month) which is where I am having an issue. Any idea?

Thanks.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

That;s decimal format issue. That's not big deal

try for prior year like below. It will display last year of same month data and change variable to same as year with prefix of -1

=NUM(Sum ({<FYKPIFiscalYear = {"$(=AddYears(Max(FYKPIFiscalYear),-1))"},FYKPIMonthYear={">=$(vMaxBYM)"}>} Sales),'#,##0.00')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum({<FYKPIFiscalYear = {$(=Max(FYKPIFiscalYear))}, FYKPIMonthYear = {">=$(=Date(AddYears(vMaxBYM, -1), 'MM-YYYY'))"}>} Sales)

shamitshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Sunny & Anil

Please see attached sample.

I now have 2 text objects - one showing the year to date figure and the other showing the month to date figure for the current year.

I am having an issue with getting the month to date figure for the prior year in a text box (i.e for April 2016 which should be 300)

Anil, I did not quite follow your suggestion.

Any idea?

Thanks

shamitshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

The first text box should read Sales YTD and not Sales MTD.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be use for MTD
=Sum({<FYKPIMonthYear = {'$(=Min(FYKPIMonthYear,4))'}>}Sales)

shamitshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I should clarify further - ideally it should update automatically with the figures for max month of the current year and the corresponding period for the prior year as and when the data is reloaded.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

May be this

=Num(Sum({<FYKPIMonthYear = {"$(=Date(AddYears(vMaxBYM, -1), 'MM-YYYY'))"}>} Sales),'#,##0.00')

Capture.PNG