Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text value in Set analysis

Hello,

I am using Text value in set analysis to retrieve one value. but that text field is having some values as Tom(RIP). So this is not picking when I use in set analysis. To be more clear please look the below example

For example:

only({<Name = {'David'}>}$(eTest)) - this is working fine

only({<Name = {'David(RIP)'}>}$(eTest))- - bcos of that circular brackets inside my text value this is not picking in set analysis.

Is there any way to handle this? I have to use Name field values as they are in Data source, So I cant change the Name field values.

Thanks

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try this:

only({<Name = {"=David(RIP)"}>}$(eTest))

Not applicable
Author

Thankyou for the response Steve, Its not working.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The round parentheses work for me in the same example that you posted.

Capture.PNG.png

There should be alternatives to make it work, but if its not working now i'm not sure we can expect alternatives to work either.

Can you prove that there should be data ? What exactly is your result.  In the screenshot above i am capturing the correct Value of 2  for when Name=He(llo) ....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It works for me also, Look for conflicting selections. It could be that you've eliminated the person you want to display from the list of possible choices.

If that's the case try this:

only({1<Name = {'David(RIP)'}>}$(eTest))