Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

The pos._value of an expression that can be pos. or neg.?

Hi,

I am looking for the QlikView_equivalent of the "mode" we learnt about in school, that is, the pos. value of an expression the result of which can be pos. or neg.

=> Ex.: I have an expression that can result in +4 or -4 - the mode in both cases would be +4 and since my target is "<5", that would be good.

Right now, I do it in a way that is just a little longer, checking whether the output is pos. or neg. and multiplying it with (-1) in case it is neg.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

3 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

fabs ?

Not applicable

Did you try the mode function?

mode(expression )

Returns the mode value, i.e. the most commonly occurring value, of expression over a number of records, as defined by a group by clause. If more than one value is equally commonly occurring, NULL is returned. Mode can return numeric values as well as text values.

Examples:

Load Month, mode( ErrorNumber ) as MostCommonErrorNumber from abc.csv group by Month;

Load Month, mode( Product ) as ProductMostOftenSold from abc.csv group by Month;

If you want a positive result always just do abs(mode(expression)

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Great!

That saves me the trouble of writing the whole expression three times - and by that way it also saves on resources by the factor of 3, m.o.l...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler