Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amber2000
Creator
Creator

Total for pivot table expressions and increase of staffel with 0.05 %

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling with 2 issues:

1)     The total in my pivot table doesn't calculate the average values of all the rows

f.e.

I have a zone called Flowthru

This zone is divided into 3 PBL Zones

Totals Staffel Flowthru.png

This is the result I want to see for that selection, from #Assignments on I want the average of the values

71408480:22:51191037,33146,76157,9993,82%

I looked at the function Total but I don't know where I can insert it into my expression (which is already complicated)

2) The expression fol Staffel_New needs to be increased for every argument in that expression with 0.05 % and again after many attempts I don't know how to implement this in the expression.

Can somebody help me please?

Kind regards,

Monique

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Don't understand the 2nd point.... see if this looks good for 1

View solution in original post

32 Replies
sunny_talwar

Don't understand the 2nd point.... see if this looks good for 1

amber2000
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

You are great, this is exactly what I wanted for point 1.

I'll try to explane what I'm trying to achieve with point 2:

The values of the Expression "Staffel_New" should be increased with lets say 5% (it could also be increased with 7%,10%, 15% or any number I need).

So I would like to have a slider where I can increase the % by wich I want to multiply Staffel_New(only over "Zone "/ "PBL Zone" but not over Department/ Shop_Ens that are in dimension "Group2")  if at all possible.

Here I'm trying to illustrate how the results should look after calculation in the last 3 columns :

ZonePBL ZoneProductivityStaffel_New% OriginalStaffel_New * 1,05% calc = (Productivity / Staffel_New)% New
FlowthruPbl Traiteur154,31176,8287,27%185,66(154,31 / 185,66)83,11%
Pbl vlees134,47129,59103,77%136,07(134,47 / 136,07)98,82%
Pbl Zuivel151,50167,5590,42%175,93(151,50 / 175,93)86,12%

I know this is quite complex but I hope you can help me with this.

Kind regards,

Monique

sunny_talwar

Check the attached

amber2000
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

This looks great except I want to be able to set this variable for each different Zone

f.e.

'Zuivel gekoeld blok F' *1.05  --> vNew = 5% (This comes from dimension 'Zone')

'Zuurwaren/Mosselen' * 1.10 --> vNew = 10% (This comes from dimension 'Zone')

'Pbl Zuivel' * 1.07 --> vNew = 7% (this is a sub dimension 'PBL Zone' of Zone 'Flowthru')

'Pbl Vlees $ 1.00 --> vNew = 0% (this is a sub dimension 'PBL Zone' of Zone 'Flowthru')

Is this also possible please?

Kind regards,

Monique

sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand... each row will be multiplied with a different number? May be use Input fields ‒ QlikView for that.

amber2000
Creator
Creator
Author

hi Sunny,

Yes you understand perfectly, each row will be multiplied with a different number if needed.

I was thinking of making per Zone a variable, something like vPblZuivel or vZuivelOngekoeld and use that variable in each of the If statements.

The problem is that I doesn't work because I don't know where in the if statement I should put the statement  *(1+vPblZuivel)

Do I make any sense?

My manager want's the increase of the % to be variable per Zone, if the target (Staffel_New) value is green then it must be increased.

Kind regards,

Monique

sunny_talwar

I suggest using Inputfield instead of using a variable

amber2000
Creator
Creator
Author

Any idea on how I can manage this please?

Never used it and what I've just read says that it must be created in the load script.

Suppose I create an inputfield for each zone, how can I use that inputfield in the expression?

amber2000
Creator
Creator
Author

Tried the inputfield but it only works in a table box and I get a row to fill in for every record of data.

Also another option was the InputSum but I couldn't change the value.

Then the next option I've tried was to include 1 variable per Zone but that's not working eather.

Test %variables.png

I'm lost now and I hope that you can find another solution that can work???

All my efforts can be seen in the included report.

Kind regards,

Monique