Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danialier
Creator III
Creator III

Transparency function

Hello,

In a text box, under Font tab, under Color, which is the formula I should use in calculated field to make the text box with 100% transparency based on a specific selection ?

For instance, in order to make the text box as white I need to enter white() or in red it should be red(). However if I want the text box to be let's say red and with 50% transparency what should I add on top of red() ?

thks,dani

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

if i'm not wrong from 0 to 255

red(128)

or you can use argb

from online help

ARGB(alpha, e1, e2, e3)

This function returns the color representation of a color defined by the red component e1, the green component e2 and the blue component e3 with an alpha factor (opacity) of alpha. All four parameters must be expressions evaluating to integers in the range between 0 and 255. The color representation is a dual value where the text representation comes in the form of 'RGB(a,r, g, b)' where a, r, g and b are numbers between 0 and 255 representing the alpha, red, green and blue color value respectively. The number representation is an integer representing the alpha, red, green and blue components as defined in Visual Basic

View solution in original post

3 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

if i'm not wrong from 0 to 255

red(128)

or you can use argb

from online help

ARGB(alpha, e1, e2, e3)

This function returns the color representation of a color defined by the red component e1, the green component e2 and the blue component e3 with an alpha factor (opacity) of alpha. All four parameters must be expressions evaluating to integers in the range between 0 and 255. The color representation is a dual value where the text representation comes in the form of 'RGB(a,r, g, b)' where a, r, g and b are numbers between 0 and 255 representing the alpha, red, green and blue color value respectively. The number representation is an integer representing the alpha, red, green and blue components as defined in Visual Basic

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

You can add the Alpha value between the parenthesis

RED(128)

OR

WHITE(128)

2014-03-06_1243.png

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Like this..