Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tricky table view

Hi!

I have three columns, ID,analysis and results:

ID, Analysis, results: 

A, x, 1

B, y, 2

C, z, 1 

D, x, 3

E, z, 2

F, y, 3

Customer wishes to show these values as:

X                         Y                           Z

A                          1                           -                           -

B                          -                           2                           -

C                          -                           -                           1

D                          3                           -                           -

E                           -                           -                           2

F                           -                           3                           -

Is this possible to do in an easy way? I have several millions of IDs and hundreds of different analyses.

Many thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See attached. I used one of the approaches above to limit the number of analysis viewable.

I limited to 2 due to using sample data. You can change the variable to 10 or any number you wish.

Both pivot (Limited to X viewable analysis) and straight will be available.

Hopefull that helps...

View solution in original post

10 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Looks like a pivottable

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

and here is an example of how to do it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is a pivot...Are you unsure how to achieve that pivot view or how to control how you will display that many records horizontally and vertically?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Create Pivot table and then use

Dimension --- ID, Analysis

Expression --- Sum(results)

Then, Transpose Analysis from Column to Row level. I remind you this should done by pivot object only

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The amount is tricky, it's actually to large for my document to load without crashing. My best choice so far is to let it stay as a tablebox and then do the pivot in excel for the by-the-customer-selected choices

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Add a listbox with analysis records and put a textbox notifying the user they need to view a maximum of 10 (The number is up to you but lets say 10 for now) analysis at once OR use the straight table and pivot in excel - You will have to make both Straigt & pivot available to the end user. Either on seperate tabs or using Show hide based on a object to allow them to switch between the two

put this condition on the pivot chart

=getselectedcount(analysis)<=10 (if on seperat tabs)

OR

vYourVariable = TheShowValueForPivot & getselectedcount(analysis)<=10 (if using show hide for the chart types)

This will only show a maximum analysis records of 10 or less and will be hidden when more are selected.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This should reduce\limit the load time and memory usage

sunny_talwar

If you want to do this in the script so that you can continue to use this as a table box, then may be this

Table:

LOAD * INLINE [

ID, Analysis, results

A, x, 1

B, y, 2

C, z, 1

D, x, 3

E, z, 2

F, y, 3

];

FinalTable:

LOAD DISTINCT ID

Resident Table;

FOR i = 1 to FieldValueCount('Analysis')

LET vField = FieldValue('Analysis', $(i));

Left Join (FinalTable)

LOAD ID,

results as [$(vField)]

Resident Table

Where Analysis = '$(vField)';

NEXT

DROP Table Table;

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See attached. I used one of the approaches above to limit the number of analysis viewable.

I limited to 2 due to using sample data. You can change the variable to 10 or any number you wish.

Both pivot (Limited to X viewable analysis) and straight will be available.

Hopefull that helps...