Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dseelam
Creator II
Creator II

Trigger when open application

Hello Qlik Folks,

How can I choose only current yer if I have data for 2018 2019 & 2020 on open & how can I create trigger only if series = 'forecast' on opening dashboard?

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

D

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dseelam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Brett,

Thanks for your reply, i think I achieved this by creating a simple trigger select in field 

=max(Year)-1

Thanks,

Dinesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies
yassinemhadhbi
Creator II
Creator II

Good morning

to achieve your goal you have to create trigger in every sheet you have by going to the sheet properties => Triggers

and add actions on the OnActivate sheet 

Add an action , Chose selections and in the action chose Select in field 

in the filed write your Field name and in the search string write =year(today())

Best Regards
Yassine Mhadhbi
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Dinesh, as far as the selection goes, you can simply select that year before you save the file to the QVServer, as it will hold that selection for all the users when they open the application, and if you are using Publisher, it will do the same, the only catch is at beginning of the new year, you will need to go into the source document and update the selection.  There is likely a better way to do this I expect, but this is pretty easy and works for all but the one day of the year! 🙂  Regarding the other part of  your question, I am not sure on that one, did the other post help with that?  If so, you can mark that post using the Accept as Solution button.  Shout back with further info if you are still working on things.  It may help if you can attach a sample app on this one too.  The only other thing to which I can point would be to set a variable in the script and then use a sheet trigger etc. to check that variable and set things that way...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
dseelam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Brett,

Thanks for your reply, i think I achieved this by creating a simple trigger select in field 

=max(Year)-1

Thanks,

Dinesh