Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monkeyb33f
Contributor II
Contributor II

Use QVW to move QVD files from one server to another

Hi,

We have Qlikview and Qliksense set up on separate servers, and I have a QVW application which creates a whole bunch of QVD files on the Qlikview server that I'd like to use in Qliksense. I'd like to use QMC to run a scheduled task to do this daily. I can probably get the Qliksense app to read the QVD files from the Qlikview server but for performance purposes i am reluctant to do so.

I created a QVW that simply has a script that goes:

TABLE1:

LOAD * FROM [A:\FILELOCATION\TABLE1.qvd](qvd);

STORE TABLE INTO [B:\FILELOCATION\TABLE1.qvd](qvd);

DROP TABLE TABLE1

And repeats the above for all the QVD files I need.  This works perfectly when I open the QVW file and reload manually. However, when i trigger the job through the QMC, it fails each time.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It may be that your Qlik Service account does not have rights to store QVD in the other location.

For testing run QlikView desktop as service account (right click +Shift) and "Run as different user". Inspect what is not working.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Take a look at the script document log to determine why it's failing. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It may be that your Qlik Service account does not have rights to store QVD in the other location.

For testing run QlikView desktop as service account (right click +Shift) and "Run as different user". Inspect what is not working.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Monkeyb33f
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks,

After checking, I can see the that although I was logged on as a service user, the QMC was actually using a different user. Granting that user permission to the folder fixed the issue.