cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mk95
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Use an expression value in Set Expression

Hello everybody, i want to use the value of an expression in a set expression.

For e.g. my expression ist --> 

if((only({<Jahr={"$(=max(Jahr))"}>}[AuslaufFlag])=1 and only({<Jahr={"$(=max(Jahr)-1)"}>}[AuslaufFlag])=0) or (only({<Jahr={"$(=max(Jahr))"}>}[AuslaufFlag])=1 and len(only({<Jahr={"$(=max(Jahr)-1)"}>}[AuslaufFlag]))=0),'Zugang',Null())

and now want to use the value "Zugang" for a set expression

like sum({$<Zugang={'Zugang'}>}[Bilanzwert zu EK]) 

But i get wrong values, can someone help me :)? 

2 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

i suggest try the following:
1. clear all filters (create a current selection object to make sure nothing is selected)
2. create a list for the field Zugang, then select the value 'Zugang'
3. create a text box with the expression sum([Bilanzwert zu EK])

the text object should have the same value as 
sum({$<Zugang={'Zugang'}>}[Bilanzwert zu EK]) 

then re-create the scenario where you arent getting the expected value.  check the selections (what filters you have) and go from there - you can try clear filters one by one

otherwise, attach a qvw

marcus_sommer

I assume it would be rather not possible because you would need to embed it within a $-sign expansion which operate only on a global level. Another possibility might be to use this within any aggr() constructs but I think it makes everything more complicated as it would be helpful. Therefore I suggest a small change to your approach and using it as a flag-calculation (maybe within a variable) like:

var:
if((only({<Jahr={"$(=max(Jahr))"}>}[AuslaufFlag])=1 and only({<Jahr={"$(=max(Jahr)-1)"}>}[AuslaufFlag])=0) or (only({<Jahr={"$(=max(Jahr))"}>}[AuslaufFlag])=1 and len(only({<Jahr={"$(=max(Jahr)-1)"}>}[AuslaufFlag]))=0),1,0)

and then as expression

sum([Bilanzwert zu EK]) * $(var)

- Marcus