Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use windows authentication for Section Access

Hello,

Is there a way to implement section access using user's windows authentication and not use the Excel file to store the admin usernames and passwords. Storing the values in an excel sheet is a route our team does not want to go.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

13 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, it's usually a bad idea to combine binary and Section Access.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Look at the attached QVW. The scripted has not been ran, so you can open it. The Section Access part of the script looks like this:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

ADMIN, DOMAIN\USER1

USER, DOMAIN\USER2

];

Section Application;

Take and replace DOMAIN|USER1  with your domain and user ID.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you stated ... 'Also I've written Section Access script in Hidden script window but added the Statement Section Access in the window where I have my main script.'

Looks like you added section access statement again before your main script starts..

You need to remove it...

//hidden tab

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

ADMIN, DOMAIN\USER1

USER, DOMAIN\USER2

];

Section Application;

// main tab

...your main script goes here....

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill for the application. I changed my code to use the same format as you suggested.

amarbogam‌ : Removing section access from my main code helped solve the reload problem.

Another problem I am still encountering is that I've made changes to not allow user to Reload. But when the user opens the app he sees the reload icon as active. Also I would assume the users not listed in Section Appliction should encounter some error when they try to open the document, but they are able to open the document.

I made user related security changes in Settings-> Document Properties -> Security; any other place i need to update these changes?

Thank you very much for all your time and patience.