Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slaheddinekeyru
Partner - Contributor III

Using parameters with Must_Include

Hello community

I want to use parameters in must_include so I can use the value of this parameter in the script called by the must_include variable.

I want to use something like that :

$(Must_Include=$($(p_Path_Package)/Scripts/Create_Variables.qvs),'TRANSVERSE');

Where 'TRANSVERSE' is the parameter I want to use. In my Create_Varaibles.qvs script I'm calling this parameter using $1 but it doesn't function.

Any idea please ?

I don't wanna use additional variables.

Thank you very much for your help !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I believe it won't be possible in this way because an include-variable will just pull the external content within the script as if it's be written there. But I think you could get your wanted result with a slight change in your approach.

For this open your Create_Variables.qvs and add at the very first/last row a sub-statement like:

sub CreateVariables(myParameter)

... YourCode ... by using '$(myParameter)' instead of $1

end sub

Then you calls this include-variable quite early within your script maybe after the main variable-declarations and if you want to execute this script-part later in your script you used:

call CreateVariables('TRANSVERSE')

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi stalwar1

Can you please take a look ?

Thank you

marcus_sommer

I believe it won't be possible in this way because an include-variable will just pull the external content within the script as if it's be written there. But I think you could get your wanted result with a slight change in your approach.

For this open your Create_Variables.qvs and add at the very first/last row a sub-statement like:

sub CreateVariables(myParameter)

... YourCode ... by using '$(myParameter)' instead of $1

end sub

Then you calls this include-variable quite early within your script maybe after the main variable-declarations and if you want to execute this script-part later in your script you used:

call CreateVariables('TRANSVERSE')

- Marcus

slaheddinekeyru
Author

Marcus,

Thank you very much.

That solves my problem