cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using rank in a chart

Hi

I show rank for a year as in at textfield:

=aggr(rank(sum({< Frac_counting={'1'}, Period={'2015'}, Region=, Subregion=, Country=, University= >}P),1),University)

Thats works very well for one year.

Then I want to show rank for each year between 2012 and 2015 in a chart.
And then its does not work. And yes I have tried with Period={'2012, '2013', 2014', '2015'} and Period as dimension.

And in addition. Another issue:  If I want to show the rank for one particular university then I can't use University={'University of Q'} because when the rank says 1 (and of course - but how to solve this, so I in a chart can show a selected university and a predefined university)

Thanks in advance 🙂

11 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Where you are using this rank function?

What are the dimensions in your chart/table?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

or try this

aggr(Rank(sum({< Frac_counting={'1'}, Region=, Subregion=, Country=, University= >}P),1),Period, University)

Not applicable
Author

I have used it in a textfield and it show correct the rank of a selected university.

Then I want to show the rank in a line chart. The dimension are year and the expression for the rank is the same as in the textfield ... (I have tried without Period in the SET-analysis and I have tried adding all years but I still only got one dot and not a line)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you try with different Years for same expression and tell us where you are facing issues

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

or try this

aggr(Rank(sum({< Frac_counting={'1'}, Region=, Subregion=, Country=, University= >}P),1),University)

or

aggr(Rank(sum({< Frac_counting={'1'}, Region=, Subregion=, Country=, University= >}P),1),Period)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but sorry that returns no data.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you provide few lines of sample data or sample app to work.

Not applicable
Author

Just remove the Period from the set. It should work.

Not applicable
Author

Yes - I try to make a sample and upload - Ill be back 🙂