Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedwards
Contributor
Contributor

Variable input

Hi Guys

With the new variable input extension, is there a way to save the input that somebody inputs on the sheet for the specific variable. So when you close and open the app again the value of that variable is the last inputted value. 

At the moment it changes back to the default value

14 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Hi

Do you want to set the value of variable?

what do you mean by this - "At the moment it changes back to the default value"?

pedwards
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, I want to set the value. So when I create the variable I set the default value at say 1. I want that value to dynamical change so that when I close and reopen the app the latest inputted value is now the default value. 

Apologies if I am using the wrong terminology

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Yes, you can do this.

Go to variable overview and create a variable with default value 1.

Now create an input box wherein you can again set the value for that variable and then that value will be the default value.

vtest.PNG

pedwards
Contributor
Contributor
Author

But when I close the app and reopen it the value switches back to 1. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

You defined one variable through variable overview, not in script.

It's value is 1.

Now through input box , you defined the value to '2'.

Now you close the application  after saving and open it, value will be 2 only.

pedwards
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, I did exactly that but it changes back to 1. It doesn't even give an option to save if I only change the value in the inputbox
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Ahh, after putting value in input box, press enter. create on text box which shows the value of variable, when you will change value through input box and press enter, value in text box will also change.Capture.PNG

pedwards
Contributor
Contributor
Author

yeah it changes but still goes back to original value after reopening
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Once the value changes, you need to save the application.