Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Weekly Analysis

I am new to Qlikview and looking to find away to find the difference between forecasts on a weekly basis.  I have found a few examples for monthly but not weekly.

I have figured out how to find the week of the year, so I can find the sum the totals for weeks (45 and 46) but cannot work out how to take one from the other.  Although I do not know if this is the optimum method.

I load in the table as below

Forecast DateAreaSales

07/11/16

America5
07/11/16Europe8
07/11/16Asia10
14/11/16America9
14/11/16Europe4
14/11/16Asia12

If I select Forecast date of 14/11/16 from a list box, I am looking to produce an output of

AreaVariance
America4
Europe-4
Asia2

Any help which can be provided will be most appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I think you misplaced one parenthesis and also an additional square bracket

Sum({<[Forecast Date] = {"$(=Date(Max([Forecast Date])-7),'DD/MM/YYYY')"}]>}Sales) - Sum(Sales)

I think it should be this

Sum({<[Forecast Date] = {"$(=Date(Max([Forecast Date])-7,'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}Sales) - Sum(Sales)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps like this:

sum({<[Forecast Date]={"$(=Date(Max([Forecast Date])-7,'DD/MM/YYYY')"}>}Sales)-sum(Sales)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sunny_talwar

I think you misplaced one parenthesis and also an additional square bracket

Sum({<[Forecast Date] = {"$(=Date(Max([Forecast Date])-7),'DD/MM/YYYY')"}]>}Sales) - Sum(Sales)

I think it should be this

Sum({<[Forecast Date] = {"$(=Date(Max([Forecast Date])-7,'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}Sales) - Sum(Sales)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you your quick responses, when I enter this expression and select 14/11/16 as the Forecast date, I get a chart which has the values of:

-9 America

-12 Asia

-4 Europe,

Where as I would have been expecting:

4 America

2 Asia

-4 Europe

Not sure why these are all negative and larger than expected values.??

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Aha, so that's where it went. I lost that bracket earlier.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That would happen if you use Forecast date as a dimension in your chart.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help Gysbert and Sunny.

I am trying to workout a few other pieces, so no doubt I will be back with more simplistic questions, it's good to know there are experts out there who are willing to share their knowledge.