Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II

What is Difference b/w Qlikview vs BITools others

Hi Experts,

Could some one help me

What is main difference between Qlikview and other BI Tools

Advantages compare to other tools

Thanks in Advance

Niranjan

4 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master

What is the BITOOL ? Can provide the web site link ?

NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sr NoBI (Considering   SAP Bo Web I)Qlikview (In   Memory Applications)
1Web   I reports doesn't hold the data, it all pulls from the Harddisk(Server), it   works in Online mode.(not considering offline mode).Qvw   files stores the data and that is the reason it works in disconnected mode.
2In   the form of Table Centric DB.Data   Store in the Qvw files in the form of Column centrix Database.
3Whenever   you refersh the Web I reports it has to pull the data from harddisk. Does it   keep in RAM?Whenever   you refresh the Qvw file through Access point, it keeps the entire dashboard   in RAM together with the Data, from there we can do the analysis
4Web   I reports always shows the updated records.Where   as in this, to get updated records we will have to schedule the qvw file in   QEMC.
5It   requires for the performance. It eliminates the need for optimizing   database like creating indexes, aggregates and designing of cubes and star   schemas.
6 I   believe Qlikview (Server) runs on 64-bit Architecture
7 If   more than one user runs the dashboard what will happen?
paulyeo11
Master
Master

look like QV is winner base on your comparison.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview maintains all the data associations, where as Traditional BI solutions don’t maintain data associations.

Qlikview User driven :

• Follows the user
  • All data, always visible
  • Minutes to change
  • Insight driven

Other BI tools are IT driven :

• Linear, pre-defined thinking
  • Insights missed in hidden data
  • Months to change
  • Data-centric