Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is the best way to calculate the number of Ave Products that Customers Ordered?

I have calculations for a Product Count as well as Customer Count based on selected criteria. This is helpful when I am looking at Products within a Product Group. Now I'm looking at a more macro level and need to know on Average how many Products that a Customer Ordered

I was seeing the combination use of Ave and Aggr functions, but this applied more to Sum metrics versus Counts.

Ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Correct, you are on the right track replacing [Order#] with [Customer] to change what dimension is being used for the average. Closing the expressions we would end up with a final expression of:

=AVG(AGGR(COUNT(DISTINCT [Product ID]),[Customer])

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I wasn't sure if you meant the average quantity per order or the average number of distinct products per order. The good news is you should be able to use the AGGR function for either:

=AVG(AGGR(SUM([Qty]),[Order#])

or

= AVG(AGGR(COUNT(DISTINCT [Product ID]),[Order#])

Not applicable
Author

What would be best if this was brought up a level to consider Ave Products bought per Customer (eliminating the Order)?

Would it be: AVE(AGGR(COUNT(DISTINCT [Product ID],[Customer]? This would be a top level summary formula, right?

Not applicable
Author

Correct, you are on the right track replacing [Order#] with [Customer] to change what dimension is being used for the average. Closing the expressions we would end up with a final expression of:

=AVG(AGGR(COUNT(DISTINCT [Product ID]),[Customer])