Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HariIyer
Contributor II
Contributor II

What is the correct syntax

A little help please with Dates!!

I have a date formatted variable: 'vReport_Date' ( MM/DD/YYYY)and I am trying to bring in selected records for a particular year 

this is what I have and prouces '0' results:How should I correct this?

[Transactions.Txn Date]={"$('>=' & $(=Date(vReport_Date-365) & '<=' & $(=Date(Report_Date))))"}

However ; this produces correct results:[Transactions.Txn Date]={"$(= '>=' & '01/01/2025' & '<=' & '12/31/2025')"}

thanks in advanc 

best regards

Hari

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi 

Try like below

[Transactions.Txn Date]={">=$(=Date(vReport_Date-365))<=$(=Date(Report_Date))"}

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

jasminlannister
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, in order to make the variable work, you need to 'activate' them with a $ sign.

tescoviews

Try the  following::

Sum({$<[Transactions.Txn Date]={">=$(CurrMinDate)<=$(CurrMaxDate)"}>}[Transactions.Amount With Sign])

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi 

Try like below

[Transactions.Txn Date]={">=$(=Date(vReport_Date-365))<=$(=Date(Report_Date))"}

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Lakin
Contributor
Contributor

Syntax states the rules for using words, phrases, clauses and punctuation, specifically to form sentences. Correct syntax examples include word choice, matching number and tense, and placing words and MyBalanceNow phrases in the right order.

HariIyer
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Mayil,

Thanks for the reply ,but It does not produce any results. I should have mentioned that I am using this in Quickbooks Enterprise (QBAR) - Advanced reporting application which is based on the QLIK engine( 'Intuit' licenced the engine for its use in Quickbooks Enterprise -Advanced reporting). Perhaps the syntax in there is slightly different. Any other suggestions?

Best regards

Hari

jasminlannister
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, in order to make the variable work, you need to 'activate' them with a $ sign.

tescoviews

Try the  following::

Sum({$<[Transactions.Txn Date]={">=$(CurrMinDate)<=$(CurrMaxDate)"}>}[Transactions.Amount With Sign])