Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

When the o/p of current expression is NULL use output of above

In the below pivot table as you see in the row=6,10 and 23 the value of the % Cust Vol is NULL. So what we prefer to have is whenever the output of the expression is NULL we would like show output of the above expression (i,e) for 6th row=81%,10th row=81% and 23rd row=78%.

Formula,
%Cust Vol= ([Cust Buy]+[Cust Sell])/([Buy]+[Sell])

Since the value of [Cust Buy],[Cust Sell],[Buy] and [Sell] is ZERO the output of 6,10 and 23 is NULL.

So can you please help me out to overcome this issue?

Buy and Sell.jpg

41 Replies
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yep sure

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

One more thing I forgot to tell. Even though [Cust Buy],[Cust Sell],[Buy] and [Sell] is ZERO the "% Cust Vol" must always be same for Date and CLASS combination. This is the problem statement. Any idea what changes are required now?

So basically based on the Date and CLASS combination the "% Cust Vol" must be same even though  [Cust Buy],[Cust Sell],[Buy] and [Sell] is ZERO. Hope the requirement is understandable? If not please let me know.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Anyone have any suggestions for this?

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Avinash any advise on this with the requirement I have mentioned recently?

avinashelite

As i observe your example is showing properly rite ?? if you need the combination format try with the aggr() function on the DATE and CLASS that should help 

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I did tried AGGR using Date and CLASS but didn't work.

avinashelite

need to check the data and how its associated

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yeah I understood your point but due to security issue I couldn't provide anything.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Avinash,

Finally I have got the required output using the below code. Thanks for all your help.

Sum(TOTAL<Date,CLASS>

Aggr(

([ORIGINAL EXPRESSION])

,Date,CLASS)
      )

avinashelite

Great mark the correct and helpful answers and close this thread