Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III

Why filter one field in SetAnalysis do not efect sum other field same table?

hi , i have a table (MAIN) of books readers , and i sum the measure (books) ,

i need to sum only those that the indicator (read) = 0 , so i use SetAnalysis : = sum (  {$< read={0} >}  books ) ,

the problem is that when i select read <> 0 it supose to show me NOTHING - BUT i steel see the same numbers !?

another thing , when i use = sum (  if( read=0,  books ) ) it work OK ..

am i missing something ?  THANKS .

Capture11.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sure, read = {0} returns where read = 0 {That means, It calculates without aggregate} where Sum(read)=0 {It will aggregate each row where cells are common for each orient}

Does this helps?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Not entirely, But assumption you may try this?

=Sum({$< read={"=Sum(read)<>0"} >} books)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

Try this

=Sum({$<read *= {0}>} books)

sunny_talwar

Read about this here:

Implicit Set Operators

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi Anil, that was quik , YEA - its ok , i fix it to Sum({$< read={"=Sum(read)=0"} >} books)   -              the  " = " sign ,

can you tell me whats wrong with my expression ?

THANKS!!!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sure, read = {0} returns where read = 0 {That means, It calculates without aggregate} where Sum(read)=0 {It will aggregate each row where cells are common for each orient}

Does this helps?

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

GREAT HELP!

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi Sunny , very helpfull !!  Always learns professional material from you THANKS!

sunny_talwar

No problem at all