Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Wildmatch search for strings containing 'NAV'

Hello,

Ik am looking for a way to select car part descriptions that contain the word NAV, Nav or nav. I have tried the statements below but stil I am not selecting all the existing posibilities as the screenshot shows. I have also tried the like function but it returned the same unsatisfying result.

Who has a good idee?

If(OND_LEVONDBENAMING Like '*NAV*',1,If(OND_LEVONDBENAMING Like '*Nav*',1,If(OND_LEVONDBENAMING Like '*nav*',1,0))) AS Navigatie,

If(Wildmatch(OND_LEVONDBENAMING,'*NAV*') = 1,1,If(Wildmatch(OND_LEVONDBENAMING,'*Nav*') = 1 ,1,If(Wildmatch (OND_LEVONDBENAMING,'*nav*') = 1,1,0))) AS Navigatie,

Then I thought Wildmatch is not looking at captions or not so the statement below should work.

If(Wildmatch(OND_LEVONDBENAMING, '*NAV*') = 1,1,0) AS Navigatie,

But it doesn't either.

Michel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I think I solved the problem, just let me reload and check.

Problem solved, there was another statement modifying the OND_LEVONDBENAMING field after this one and so it added data from another discription field in it.

I have put it higher up in the load script and now it works fine.

Thanx Henric anyway for letting rethink and pushing me into finding the problem elsewhere.

Michel

Congrats on your 5000pts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would use the Index() function instead.

If( Index( Upper(OND_LEVONDBENAMING), 'NAV') > 0, 1, 0) as Navigatie

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henric,

Unfortunately the same result. Though the upper function is simple and defenately helpful.

In our old hyperion software I get the right results with a Contain function on NAV Nav an nav.

Thanx for the reply though.

Not applicable
Author

I think I solved the problem, just let me reload and check.

Problem solved, there was another statement modifying the OND_LEVONDBENAMING field after this one and so it added data from another discription field in it.

I have put it higher up in the load script and now it works fine.

Thanx Henric anyway for letting rethink and pushing me into finding the problem elsewhere.

Michel

Congrats on your 5000pts.