Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Working on Limiting Bar Chart to only display x results

Hello all,

I'm working on a Bar Chart to display cycletime of various steps a process for certain areas of a business.

Using the expression of:

=num(

if(IsNull(avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 1'}, [Business Area]={'BUSINESS 1'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)), 0, avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 1'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)) +
if(IsNull(avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 2'}, [Business Area]={'BUSINESS 1'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)), 0, avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 2'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)) +
if(IsNull(avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 3'}, [Business Area]={'BUSINESS 1'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)), 0, avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 3'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)) +
if(IsNull(avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 4'},[Business Area]={'BUSINESS 1'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)), 0, avg({$*<CycleType={'Step 4'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)), '#,##0')

I do have a MonthEnd Dimension as well as a YearMonth Dimension I can use to help limit the results. As of right now this displays months prior to January 2015 - June/July 2015 (which is all I want displayed).

Regards,

Myles !

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear what do you want to do - do you want limit the possible dimensions-values? If yes you could set such options within the tab presentations.

And your expression it's unnecessary long and complicated, try something like this:

variable: eExp

avg({$*<CycleType={'Step $1'}, [Business Area]={'BUSINESS 1'}, [Project.Flag]={'0'}, [Cycle Status]={'Actual'}>} CycleTime)

expression:

rangesum($(eExp(1)), $(eExp(2)), $(eExp(3)), $(eExp(4)))

Explanation: if you used the same and/or a quite similar piece of code/expression you could use variables for them - especially the feature of parametrize them is very powerful. Further by using from a range-function you didn't need any kind of NULL check, for each non numeric part will be 0 returned.

- Marcus