Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Working with a KPI object

Hi,

I have a drill down that has been created, now i want a KPI object to only display the value of the second selection. How can i achieve this. For instance, my drill-down has INDUSTRY - SECTOR, the user is to select an industry then a sector. But i just want the value of the sector to be displayed only.

Thank you

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Put the expression that you are using in a text box and it will display the value.

For example

='The Value is ' & sum(Sales)

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Maybe

If(Getselectedcount(INDUSTRY)=1,

Your expression Here))

Whenever a value from INDUSTRY field is selected, it would rather give you sum or count of Sector but if nothing is selected, the KPI would show null.

It would be helpful if you tell us what is your expression in KPI?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

If(GetCurrentField([Group Name of Drill]) = 'SECTOR' or GetSelectedCount(INDUSTRY)=1, Measure)

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Abraham,

Like this ?

Best Regards,
KC
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Or like this as suggested above:

Best Regards,
KC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Company NameIndustryTotal
Company AFinancial Services50
Company BConsumer Goods40
Company CConsumer Goods10
Company DEntertainment20

My drill down is:

Industry

Company Name

When a user clicks on the industry, it displays the names of companies in that industry. I want a KPI to display the value of Total for a company selected from the drill down not for the industry. !

Anil_Babu_Samineni

From this, Can you explain in Case study like if Industry is filter from user is "Consumer Goods" What output you are expecting in text box?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i want a situation where if you click on [Consumer Goods], Company B and Company C will appear. Then the value on the KPI object will be the Total of either Company B (40) or Company C(10) based on the user's final selection.