Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Yeartodate formula is not working for multiple selection.

Hi,

I have a question on Year to date formula.

We use the formula below, to calculate the Year to date.

=Sum (all if(Actual_Data.Month1 >= date(yearstart(Variable1),'DD/MM/YYYY') and Actual_Data.Month1<=Variable1,Actual_Data.Act_Data/1000000 )) where variable1==max(Actual_Data.Month1).

Consider, I have two selection criteria, 'Business' and 'Group'. When we select either the group or business, the result is not affected. So, the formula is changed to

=Sum (all <Business,Group> if(Actual_Data.Month1 >= date(yearstart(Variable1),'DD/MM/YYYY') and Actual_Data.Month1<=Variable1,Actual_Data.Act_Data/1000000 )). But, this also didn't help.
Can someone help me with the formula. I need to display the values in the straight table.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

i got the formula.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Santhosh

From your request I think you were almost there ... Total rather than all and you don't need the subtotals (<Business,Group>)

I have quickly knocked up a quick example (see attached)

I hope this helps Smile

Not applicable
Author

Hi Keeble,
I appreciate your help.
The file you have designed is not working for YTD as expected. My requirement was, if I select 2nd month, the result should be a sum of 1st and 2nd month and so on, but your result was just the sum of 2nd month. Is there any other way to do that?Smile

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I`m following this thread for past two days but no replies.

Plz help on this Geeked

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi Santhosh

Sorry for the delay but I think I understand what you want to do now.

I would not do the formula in the table as it is not the most efficient as you will calculate every transactional record to calculate YTD.

I would do the aggregation in the script. If you have a look at the revised attachment and it is the YTD1 field which I then use in the tables.

Hope this makes some sense ?

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Hi Santhosh,

Check the attached application and let me know if it works.

I have tested this app, Working perfectly as expected.

Please check and let me know.

- Sridhar Big Smile